Thank you for your interest in being part of a team!
Steps to start or join a team today:
- Select a team captain: The captain must register first and create the team before members can join.
- Choose a team name and team division that best fits your team (Community for friends/family/clubs or Company/Corporate for workplace teams).
- Invite friends, co-workers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to race with you.
- Personalize your participant page. Add a photo of your team, upload a link to a video clip or activate the blog feature.
- Set a fundraising goal. Tell friends and family why you Race for the Cure. You can even accept donations online, right from your page! Or fundraise online or from your smartphone!
- Compete with other teams and have the bragging rights until next year's race.
Once you've registered your team, here are some next steps:
- Make a self-donation in any denomination to show your commitment.
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit and set a fundraising goal.
- Identify a champion—someone with a personal story who can share our mission and motivate others.
- Create fundraising rewards for your team members, encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals. And tell your team about Komen's great fundraising prizes and awards.
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite Susan G. Komen® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members.
- Highlight the team's top fundraising member(s) and post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- Encourage everyone to use social media to share their story and share Komen posts. You could even set up your own Facebook page especially for the Race.
- Let your donors and team members know how much you (and Komen) appreciate them.